- Saw Wafia and Adil play at the Dowse Bar. You can watch a video I took here.
- Went to World Press Photo again, where I watched interviews with the photographers.
- Went to Shani Bijoux's 'Luna in Love' solo exhibition at Brew. See a funky interview a friend of mine did with her here.
- Two cups of free Chai from the Winter Festival. Scrumptious.
- Spent a day exploring Paddington with Gen. Ra Ra Superstar is a vintage flashback- a room packed with hand-made 1950s-70s clothing. Complete with notebooks, bunting and socks hanging on the walls. The Antique Centre is of course always a winner too. I hadn't been for years, so we spent over an hour rummaging through the treasures the store is filled with. I purchased a pair of old orange gloves and some National Geographics from the 50's and 70's for a friend.
- Saw Pear and the Awkward Orchestra perform at The Powerhouse.
- Watched the Promo video for Lost Movements - Adelaide and I can be spotted at the start. It gives a great depiction of the night.
- Bought Jonsi's album 'Go.' My favourite is 'Animal Arithmetic'. This album feels like glaciers and fur hats.
- Made a collage. It's called 'The Cat Conductor.' It's a guy from an old National Geographic conducting some cats.
- Surprise night for my favourites. Last saturday I organised a group of some of my closest friends to meet me for a night of surprises. I directed the 12 of us to Kookaburra cafe, where I had ordered a one metre pizza. We then took the pizza to a sneaky spot I know of with a perfect view of the city. I told them to be stealthy, which they were all rather impressive with, and snuck us to a lookout with a full view of the nighttime city. They all seemed to enjoy it, and although they had no idea where we were going I loved that they were all ready for an adventure and trusted me right until we arrived. Just being around those beautiful people meant a lot to me. I'm so blessed to know such kind-hearted and loving people and I really wouldn't trade them for the world.
Wednesday, 20 June 2012
20 JUNE 2012
The last five days:
Posted by Savannah